The magnitude of interest in YAL@VU this year has been staggering and inspiring, but comes as no surprise, considering our mission as an organization, our impact on campus, and our dedication to issues and principles that resonate especially well with young people.
After the interest meeting, old and new members enjoyed smoothies, coffee, and good conversation at Au Bon Pain.
|Check out more photos of the meeting on our Facebook page!|
If you were unable to make it to our interest meeting, worry not! Here's a short recap of what was covered:
- We welcome libertarians, classical liberals, and small-government conservatives, and those who want to learn more. You don't have to agree with us on everything. Diversity of opinion is a beautiful thing! As YAL@VU, let's work together on issues upon which we do agree.
Our key issues include...
- protecting civil liberties,
- increasing personal freedom,
- ending corporate welfare,
- increasing government transparency,
- reducing government waste and abuse,
- lowering taxes,
- promoting a peaceful and diplomatic foreign policy,
- and promoting private charity.